How to determine your foot archUpdated 9 months ago
For a video reference, check out our video guide here.
- A shallow container large enough to step in.
- A piece of cardboard, a concrete driveway/patio, or any other surface that will leave a clear wet footprint.
- Fill the container with just enough water to completely wet the bottom of your foot.
- Place the container next to the surface you will step on.
- While barefoot, place one foot in the water.
- Remove your foot from the water and place it onto the surface.
- Stand normally like this for several seconds.
- Remove your foot from the surface, while careful not to mess up your footprint (lift your foot straight up and quickly away from the surface, if possible).
- Examine the shape of the footprint left behind. Compare it to the chart below to determine your foot arch.
Was this article helpful?