How to heat mold your insolesUpdated a year ago
For a video reference on how to heat mold an insole, see our video here.
- Your heat-moldable insoles, already trimmed to fit your shoes (if necessary).
- The manufacturer's molding instructions.
- A baking sheet large enough to hold the insoles.
- An oven.
- A pair of socks.
- Your shoes.
- Ensure that your insoles have already been trimmed and fitted for your shoes, if necessary. For instructions on how to trim your insoles, see our guide here.
- Preheat your oven to the temperature specified in the manufacturer's molding instructions.
- Once the oven is heated to the correct temperature, place your insoles on the baking sheet.
- Insert the insoles into the oven (on the baking sheet) and leave them for the time specified in the manufacturer's molding instructions. Note: Many heat-moldable insoles have an indicator on one or both insoles to show you when they're ready to mold.
- Carefully remove the insoles from the oven.
- Place the heated insoles into your shoes.
- While wearing socks, put your shoes on (making sure to lace them as you normally would, if applicable).
- Stand straight up with your feet shoulder width apart. Remain in this position for 2-3 minutes to allow the molding process to complete.
Note: Not all insoles are heat moldable. Please be sure to review the manufacturer instructions carefully to ensure that you follow the correct molding process for your insoles. If your insoles have different molding instructions than the instructions provided above, please follow the manufacturer's instructions instead.